Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mentally exhausted..

I am so tired. Subbing really takes it out of ya. I'm subbing for the same teacher the rest of this week and since it's block schedule, which means that every class period is about 92 minutes long, it makes for a VERY long feeling day even though there's only 4 periods a day with one of them being a planning period so it leaves you with just 3 classes. Still..it's long. I'm subbing in a Biology class and they're learning photosynthesis--you would have a blast, Dad. hehe :). They had to fill out some notes and then we watched a segment of "Planet Earth" from the Discovery channel. That was fun because the kids made the same reactions at the same points in the video every class period. They really got into the animal chases--for example, there was a wolf chasing a baby caribou calf and they were running and running and the kids were saying, "GO, baby caribou, go! Don't fall!!" And then when the wolf caught the calf by the tail and dragged him down, the whole class went, "awwwwwww..." (in a disappointed and sad tone). It was funny. What does this have to do with photosynthesis? Well, it basically just mentioned the term but they also stressed how the sun and water are two very vital elements on this planet. Let's hope the students picked that theme up. Anyway, watching the same video 3 times in one day and then saying the same things over and over again gets pretty tiresome and that's why I feel like collapsing every day when I get home from a job. :/


I'm gonna register for my spring semester classes pretty soon. I hope I can get the ones I need!


I'm coming home for Erin's wedding it turns out. We made it work. There was a deal online for a roundtrip ticket and it wasn't bad at all. I'll be there on the 31st and then leave on the 3rd. So, it's a quick trip, but certainly worth it! I hope I don't cry. Kyle won't be able to make it and he said that it doesn't really bother him because he's got a duty here with Micron and plus, he's saving up his days so that he's not gone so much right before our big trip to the ATL for our Christmas/New Year's vacation. He really wanted me to be able to be there for an important family event such as this special wedding.


Oh, I never told ya'll about the chocolate chip zucchini bread we got from one of our neighbors. Why did we get it, you ask? Well, one day a couple of weeks ago, I looked out our kitchen window and our neighbors' front door was open just a crack but I saw the guy's truck there so I just thought that maybe he stepped inside to get something and would be right out. Nobody ever came out but I just figured I wouldn't stand there and watch all day and I guessed that in time, he would shut it. Well, I went somewhere during the late morning and didn't come back til late afternoon. I looked again and their door was standing wide open! I was convinced now that they had just completely forgotten to close it so I stepped outside and just kinda looked around and started walking toward the house and their little tiny dog came out the front door and started running at me and barking but then when I stepped towards him, he kept backing way--haha-wimp! I shooed him back into the house and pulled the door shut while trying to listen for any noise of people inside the home. Well, I shut the door and went back into my house. I looked outside again and there was a cat that I thought was stray and I was so happy that I had shut their door because I didn't want stray animals just walking into their house. Well, a few hours later, I saw a car pull up to their house and I went out there and told the lady (who happened to be the mother of the man, Quinn and her name was Marla). I told Marla that I had shut their door because it stayed open pretty much all day and she said that they had gone away for the weekend to Sun Valley which is several hours from here. Then she asked me if the black and white kitten had gotten out and I said "OH NO! Yes it did but I didn't realize it belonged to them!" She said that it wasn't supposed to get out. I was so afraid that the kitty had run away so I started looking around and had offered that if I saw it after she left, that I would bring it into my house until someone got home. Just then, I looked near the front door and the baby kitty stuck its head out between the little potted trees on their porch and I got the kitty and picked him up and gave him to her so that she could put him back in the house. I had saved the day (and the precious baby kitty). She took note of my name and then a few days later, the woman that lives there, Shirley, came with a loaf of chocolate chip zucchini bread in her hand with a thankyou note. The bread was to DIE FOR!!!! So good!!!!! Kyle demanded that I got the recipe from her and so I did and I haven't made it yet but I fully intend on it in the near future. It was tasty! I guess it pays to be a watchful neighbor sometimes. I'll be willing to be one if it pays in baked goods :).

No comments: