Sunday, October 19, 2008

Just a quick note

Yesterday I ran my 10K with Maren. It took me 1 hour and 13 minutes and it took her about 55 minutes. She's a faster runner...well, she's just been doing these things longer and running's really her thing. She runs all the time. Anyway, we started out together but then after the first mile or so, she told me she was gonna start going faster once we got to a certain point. And boy, did she take off once we got that point. Pretty soon, I couldn't even see her anymore. Oh well. :)


After the run, I went out to lunch with Karen and then we walked around the mall. Mervyns was going out of business so they were having a huge sale. I ended up buying a new top and 2 new pairs of jeans. I'm getting rid of 2 pairs at home because they're too big so I needed to replace them with 2 new ones, of course! Both pairs of jeans are size 10 that I bought. They fit me like a glove! Not too tight, not too loose. Just right so that they're flattering and not squeezing anything. I feel very comfortable in them. I was happy. 6 more pounds to go! Karen told me that I didn't need to lose anymore or else I'd barely be seen--haha! That makes me feel good to hear that. I only really wanna lose 6 more pounds and I'll maintain that for awhile to get Lifetime and then after that, I'll reevaluate if I want to lose a little more or stay where I am. I'm feeling really good now so 6 more should feel even better.


Alright. I need to start back up on my paper. It's almost done! I've got some things to change around and some information to add and then it's finished. The class that this paper is for is practically over--we have one more meeting but all we're doing is presenting our papers and then that's it. The other course I'm taking has 2 more meetings and then that's done. My first semester of being a Master's student proved to not be so hard. It was pretty relaxed and laid back. We have no finals except for one big paper for each class but the other course isn't even a research paper really. Just a reflection paper. Guess I better start on that one pretty soon after I get this one done.



OH! I can't believe I almost signed off without telling ya'll this: Kyle came home Saturday morning and told me some news about Micron. Brace yourselves... He told me that his area that he's working in is gonna go through a "restructure". That usually means layoffs. He said that some areas in his fab that he works is are gonna get bigger and some are gonna get smaller. He said that his supervisor told them not to really worry. He said that he doesn't want anybody to leave fab 4. Kyle said that he feels pretty confident that he's not going anywhere but he's still not 100% sure and that's bugging him a bit. IF something were to happen, we'd probably try to stay where we are and he'd apply with Idaho Power for a job since he has experience with power-related stuff. BUT, if that doesn't work, we don't know what we'd do. We'd obviously have to try and get out of our house but the housing prices are so low and undesirable for sellers that it would have to be our last resort. I guess we could always rent the house out but that's hard to do because you can't keep an eye on the house and people who rent a house don't give a flying flip about the house and they just destroy it a lot of the times. At least that's what we observed when we were looking for a house. One house, somebody had peed all over a mattress and they hadn't cleaned up the sheets or anything so the whole house smelled of human urine. EWWWW!!!! Anyway, we won't know anything until either Tuesday or Wednesday of this week so I'll keep ya'll posted.

No comments: