Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The CRAZIEST idea yet...maybe it's not so crazy.

I was just talking to my cousin, Amanda and while we were talking she told me that she and her sister were going to end up running the Indy Mini-marathon again next year even though she had just said that she was in so much pain that she wondered if she'd ever want to do it again...well, they are. Then I said that wouldn't it be great if I joined them? She and I think it's a GREAT idea! I'd be a part of the largest mini-marathon! 1 of 25,000! Wow! It's definitely something to think about. I'm gonna start scouting out a plane ticket price that's not too high for that weekend (May 2nd). I think it would be so cool! Then I'd have 2 running buddies! We'll see...it's still in the works and nothing's set in stone. It might not be possible if the plane ticket's too expensive although, I looked on the websites for curiosity's sake and right now it's about at $240 for a roundtrip. I don't think it's that bad for now but maybe if I give it a little time, it might go down a little lower, who knows?


Sidenote: due to the slow substitute business, I've applied again with our home district of Meridian also to see if I can pick up some extra jobs. Monday and today produced no phone calls, of course Monday, I didn't know if I'd be ABLE to work because of my knees hurting and popping--I probably would've had to do a lot of walking or going up and down stairs and that would've been absolute murder!

No comments: