Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's a jungle out there!

I just got done mowing the front and backyard lawn--that was definitely more than I could chew--or should I say that was more than the lawn mower could chew? We hadn't cut it for about 2 weeks! The front yard wasn't so bad because for some reason it doesn't grow as fast but the backyard was an absolute nightmare!! I'm gonna feel sore in the morning, I can just feel it.

I was subbing again at the elementary school I had been at last week for ELL. Now, I have an interview there because an ELL tutor position became available but I think it's because they had the same thing happen with them as Garfield did as in they had to lay people off at the end of last school year because of funding/numbers. Now they're about to get at least 8 or 9 more minority language students so as of now, this school has over 100 world languages represented! I set up my interview for Friday morning at 8am and while I was in the principal's office setting up the interview time, I got a glimpse of the list of interviewees and I saw the name of someone that had already been working there. I'm not gonna totally resign just because of that but if I know school district politics, chances are that she'll probably get it since she knows the school and knows the students and the students know her. But, regardless, I'm gonna do my best in the interview.

Kyle and I have to go get his car serviced tomorrow---it's always something, isn't it? It's annoying that we can never seem to break even or save a little bit. It's been tough lately. Times like these make us sorta regret buying our house and we wish that we had just stayed in the apartment but we were so set on getting out because of the horrible experience we had in our apartment at Jimmy Carter--that freak woman traumatized us! We'll make it though. :)

No comments: