Sunday, October 12, 2008

Change of season and habits

The high today is only supposed to be 47 degrees!! AAAHHH!! I think I will still try to go running in it though because this next Saturday, I am signed up to run a 10k and who knows how cold that will be! BRRR!! So, yesterday I went to my weigh-in and I had lost 1.6 lbs or so and that put me back below my original weight goal and now they're wanting to put me on maintenance for 6 weeks before I become Lifetime member (which means NO PAYING)! Well, the problem (if you wanna call it a problem) is that I set this original goal way back when I was stuck in the 170s and couldn't get down it seemed. I panicked and said 169 was my goal but now that I've hit a pound below, I want to possibly try and lose about 8 more before I'm comfortable with saying I've hit my goal. I would say that a comfortable goal would be about 160. I'd be okay with trying to maintain that and then once I hit Lifetime, I could always try to lose a few more but I don't want to go much lower than the 150s because I think I would look TOO skinny! I don't want to fit into the Halloween theme by being a skeleton! hahaha. I think the 150s as an ultimate goal would be very nice for me. I could start buying new clothes to fit the new me at my new weight! I don't really remember the last time that I was in the 150s. Maybe it was when I was in Redcoats or something. I do remember that I lost a lot of weight one year due to not eating enough during the day because of a tight schedule. But that only lasted a short time and once that tight schedule went away, I started eating again and never stopped. oops.


I like the way that I've been eating now a days because on Saturdays, I allow myself to let go a little and whatever I've been craving for awhile, I let myself indulge for that day. That's also the day that we usually go out to eat and I feel I can order without worrying too much. BUT, it's just that one day. If we go out another night, that's when I have to be choosey in what I order. I always like going to the Thai restaurant because I feel they have the healthier choices for me. I also just found out that a new restaurant opened up not too far from us and it's like that place in ATL area called Sweet Tomatoes (a soup and salad bar). This place here is called Souper Salad. I think I might be visiting that place often! :) I will have to watch out though for the breads and desserts, however. Some of the soups could be dangerous too but all I really have to do is just not eat the creamy soups. Anyway, lately when I've indulged in my cravings, I find out that the stuff really doesn't taste as good as I had imagined...it's funny how taking that stuff out of your diet can change the way you look at it later on down the road. I think the reason why the food tasted so good earlier on was just because it was comfort for whatever reason. I remember eating a lot when I was working at Rowland Elementary because I felt like I deserved it whenever I had a bad day. It helped me forget my worries and stresses and it was like a big hug or something comforting to hide me from whatever was troubling me. I'd like to think that's all behind me now though. I haven't really felt the need to comfort myself since I've been on Weightwatchers. Even if I do, I'm able to wait much longer (like wait for Saturday to come around) to give in. Well, I believe I have talked enough about my habits. I'm just so happy that I've finally broken that huge plateau and have been able to get down to a more comfortable weight range with possibly wanting to lose a little more to make me feel even more confident.

Thanks for listening/reading. <3

No comments: