Saturday, June 30, 2007

My birthday and our anniversary

For my birthday, we're going to my favorite restaurant (so far) here in Boise called Bardenay and then we're going to Cold Stone (it's an ice cream place kind of like Marble Slab, but better)...or at least I've requested that we go to those places. Then, the following weekend for our anniversary, we've made reservations in Coeur d'Alene, ID. We've been told it's a beautiful place to go and visit--very scenic. Hopefully there's stuff to do there. We'll definitely have pictures. We haven't done much traveling since we've settled here in Boise, but we want to try and do more once Kyle's work schedule evens out (assuming we're still here). Yes, I'm still trying to work in the mindframe of staying here and everything being okay for us.

Checklist for Monday:
-Grocery shopping
-Home inspection at 10am (this is our last chance to possibly get out of the house purchase if we feel we have to)
-call dentist for Kyle and schedule an appointment

Just ignore that last bit...I was just organizing my thoughts. Oh, a sidenote...I was recently thinking of finishing off my ESOL endorsement for my teaching certificate, but I found out that the people running that department basically don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. Needless to say, I'm going to wait a little bit on doing that. Plus, I don't feel comfortable taking all those classes while we try to recover from a house purchase. I wanna let us build up our reserves again before starting another pricey endeavor. In the meantime, I'm going to substitute teach. I figure it'll give me a chance to get familiar with the school systems here and meet people too. I'll get to see which schools would or wouldn't be good for me. Also the reason I decided to hold out was because all these ladies did to me on the phone was give me the runaround...they didn't know what to tell me and then they would keep directing me to people I've already tried to talk to/email or whatever. NOONE knew the ANSWERS! It was just a bit frustrating...OH and get this...the first lady I ever tried to make contact with finally called me the other day (I had left her 2 messages awhile back) and she asked me, "Would you like me to make you an appointment to get your Masters?" UGH...I just said, "No, I'm not doing it now...I'm waiting for later." I had already told her what I wanted and she just acted like I was a totally new person. *whew* I had a lot to say.

Too much stress for our first year of marriage. I had heard that the first year of marriage was the hardest, but I figured it was because of getting used to each other...NOOOO. For us, it was the hurdles that other people/jobs put in front of us. I guess whatever doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. That saying doesn't really make me feel any better, but oh well.

No comments: