Friday, June 22, 2007

Close call! What an idiot!

Kyle and I were walking back to our car from dinner downtown when all of a sudden, while we were in a crosswalk, this car came straight for us!! I screamed and other people honked behind her because she had totally cut them off to turn right---onto a ONE WAY street!!! She stopped right at us and even still wanted to keep rolling toward us. Kyle was motioning for her to stop but it was like she didn't want to. Once we got out of her way, she continued on the one way even though people were coming straight for her. She just kept going. Some cars honked and others just tried not to hit her and stopped in their tracks in utter shock. She turned into a side lot. When we were leaving, I looked to see the girl and she just didn't even look phased. She looked like a "I just got my license today and I'm taking my friends out on the town" 16 year old. She wasn't even a tad bit emotional from what she had done....I don't get it. Well, at least we didn't get hit and at least there weren't any accidents, although if she keeps driving that way, it won't be long.

Tomorrow we're probably going to make an offer on a house. We just have to because the last couple of houses that we've really liked have been taken away from us because we dilly-dallied. This house is one we've already gone to see at least 2 times before and each time, we've liked it. I figure that's a pretty good sign. It's in Meridian, but it is just our first house. Once we get some more money years down the road, we can probably afford to pay a little more to live closer and we may be able to afford getting a little bigger of a house for the money too. Anyway, wish us luck!

No comments: