Friday, June 29, 2007

Trying to be positive...

I had a good talk with Grandma this afternoon about the whole "layoff" situation. She made me feel a lot better with what she and Grandpa had to say about it all. Thanks, Grandma! I'm just feeling so much stress right now because we're in the middle of closing on a house and now we still don't know for sure as to what to do. Kyle's dad tells us to back out of the transaction as soon as we can, but then others tell us to sit tight and go through with the house (which is what I want to do but I still have a little fear). Kyle says he's about 85% sure that he'll still have a job because he overheard his cubicle mate talking to someone else. This guy said that more than likely they'll target the assembly lines and that's not the area Kyle works in. He works in the research area where they come up with the information and they don't make the stuff to sell. So that tends to give us that sense of security. We've come up with 4 possible situations that could happen:

1. We buy the house, Kyle loses his job.
2. We don't buy the house, Kyle still has his job (and we possibly lose out on a great house)
3. We don't buy the house, Kyle loses his job (we move back to ATL--which would be really expensive also)
4. We buy the house, Kyle keeps his job (this would be the best situation, of course).

Now, we just gotta figure out which situation(s) we could deal with the best besides the obvious number 4. *sigh* I HATE uncertainty. I was feeling so good after talking with Grandma and then Kyle had to get the negative side. :( I wish I were psychic (for this situation anyway). Keep thinkin' about us! Think happy thoughts! Anyone who thinks happy thoughts gets to sleep at our new house! :)

No comments: