Monday, June 18, 2007

Sorry, technical difficulties

Due to technical difficulties this evening with the camera/computer, I'm not able to put up the promised Idaho City pictures. I will try to get them up asap because I know I promised them and I (try to) never break promises. :) On a lighter note...

I met our next door neighbor today only because she got locked out of her apartment. I'm sure we would've met anyways, this was just more convenient. Her name is Phritvi. She has a husband but I haven't met him yet--he was enroute to saving her. She also works at Micron and I believe she said that she works with D-Ram design (don't ask me what that is...I assume it's also about computer memory). You can have Kyle explain it to you sometime if you're so inclined. ;) She seemed like a very nice young woman. Maybe sometime later this week, we'll actually knock on their door and formally introduce ourselves. I'm sure Kyle and she would have a lot in common--although, she may not want to talk about work all the time. Who knows, we may have our first friend couple here in Boise.

Today was long and boring. I waited on the movers to unload our stuff into storage. I arrived at the storage building at 10am but they couldn't start unloading until about 2:30pm. ARGH. Luckily, there was an outlet mall just down the street, so I just went down there to do some browsing/purchasing of summer attire. I went easy on the wallet because there were a lot of good sales there. I ended up getting a variety of tshirts and tanktops for warm weather. I thought it was a good value anyways. To make a long story short, the day was made up of me leaving the building, coming back, leaving and coming back again only to wait a little more until 2:30 when they moved the truck into place and unloaded. Oh well, it's not like I had anything better to do.

We finally got home and we ate dinner and then went rollerblading some more with our NEW and IMPROVED rollerblades. The experience was more enjoyable. There was one thing though...I kept leaving Kyle in the dust when I would rollerblade. I just would go faster and it's not like I was trying to race him either. We were trying to figure out why I went so much faster than him with little effort. Could it have been that I might have a little more momentum than he does? Or is it that I have skill? Or is it just because my legs might be a little stronger than his? My legs are quite defined since my weightlifting this past year--maybe that gave me more strength and I was able to push off the ground with more force. Yeah, we'll go with that...forget having more momentum--that just makes me sound like I weigh 300lbs. Well, I guess it's that time again...time to go to bed! Sweet dreams!

No comments: