Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Home Inspection

Monday was the home inspection and for the most part everything went fine. There only a few cosmetic problems, but other than that, the inspector said this was one the best inspections he's done for awhile. He said the roof was the best he's seen in a long time! He said that it should last between 20-30 years (the house was built in 2003). So that's good because we won't even be in there for that long, I can garauntee it. The guy got down in the crawl space and checked the insulation and vapor barrier and he said that there was some insulation missing and the barrier needed to be adjusted--spiders had begun to make their dwelling where the barrier had slipped out of position---EEEEEWWWWWWW. I told Kyle awhile back when we got the first report of the property from the seller that we needed to get an exterminator out there first thing. I do NOT want any black widows or brown recluses making themselves comfortable in my house! One of the other things that I saw, that I didn't see before, was the blinds in one of the kids' rooms. It appeared that the girl had bitten and chewed on each blind as far as she could reach (and she's probably about 4 or 5 yrs old). I don't think we'd ever seen that as many times as we've gone in that house. I really hope they replace that to be nice. I don't want teeth marks on the blinds! If they don't, then I guess it's not a huge problem, but if MY daughter had done that, I would replace it before the buyers got the house.

All in all, it was a good inspection and I think we're really going to go through with it. Kyle keeps getting good vibes from people at work and so we're thinking we'll be staying here for awhile anyway. Still, we haven't heard anything official so don't stop prayin' now. Hopefully we'll hear something by the end of this week. Kyle's working today on the 4th because if he does, he gets 2 extra days of vacation that he can use at a later date if he wants. We figure we might use them in December for the Christmas holidays. We don't know exactly what we're going to do then about visits, but we're thinking we might just visit both families (i.e. spend a couple of days with his parents and then fly up to Indiana to visit my parents since they'll be up there). It'll be many hours of flying, but probably worth it. :) I won't get to see my parents until after the first of the year if we don't go visit them in December--whatever happens, I wanna make sure I can see them. Kyle's parents are coming out to Boise in September, so at least we'll see them if for some reason we can't make it to ATL. I wish we could see EVERYONE, but it's kind of impossible this time. I'm sorry. Maybe once Kyle has more vacation time, we can visit for a longer period of time. Or if he can't come out for some reason, maybe it would just be me. I know for sure we'll be in ATL next June because Kyle's sister is getting married on 6/7/08. I have 2 other friends that are getting married that same day. I might be able to see my friend's wedding right after Shelly's because he'll be getting married in Roswell (not too far from Woodstock).

Anyway, this was a lot of writing but I haven't written much in a few days and I wanted to catch up. I'm gonna start grilling at about 7:15pm tonight and I'm also gonna make 4th of July brownies for us to enjoy! Yay! Wish I could spend today with all our families--we'll be thinking about all of you guys! We love you and hope you have a happy 4th!

No comments: