Friday, June 15, 2007

Dairy Days in Meridian, ID

Kyle and I just got back from the Dairy Days parade in Meridian, ID. It was definitely a different thing to do here. The parade lasted probably about 45-50 minutes--we left right before it was over because it was HOTT!!! The sun doesn't set here until about 10pm so the sun was beating down on us at 7:30pm still. We also wanted to leave before the crowd decided to leave...I do believe the whole population of Meridian and Boise was out there on the street to watch this parade. The theme, of course, was dairy and so all the cars and floats had cow creations on them--tails on the back of the vehicles and black/white splotches. I would post pictures but they aren't very good mainly because I couldn't get a very close shot. We stood near the back. Oh well. The parade wasn't as exciting as we thought it would but I think it's because it's not a major holiday--it's probably just a yearly tradition that they must have. Tomorrow night, we'll go to the carnival hopefully and have some fun. I haven't been to a fair in FOREVER. My family and I used to go to the Fayette county fair every once in awhile when Chris and I were young. Those were so fun!! Now, the fair is probably all ghetto and whatnot (if it even happens anymore).

Gotta go now...we're gonna go rollerblading before it gets dark!

No comments: