Tuesday, June 12, 2007

We're here finally...

We arrived around 11:15pm on Sunday evening after a pretty emotional send-off from my parents. Although, we weren't as bad as I thought we would do in the airport. Just a few tears. We got to the rental car counter and tried to pick up our car. The lady said there wasn't any reservation under Kyle's name. We tried to look up the email on Kyle's laptop that said that there was a car available, but of course, the laptop died and wouldn't start up correctly. We finally just rented the car from our own pocket in hopes that Micron would either take over the charges or reimburse us--which they did (take over the charges). We get our personal cars tomorrow at some point in the afternoon. Hertz rented us a pimp car...the dodge magnum. It's a horrible car to drive in--SOOO many blindspots and poor Kyle can't hardly park the thing. It's a monstrous beast.

We're living in a furnished apartment for now until we can cough up the money for a down payment on a house. The apartment is actually really nice (pictures to come later). It's located on the greenbelt in town and it's beautiful. We're only a hop, skip and a jump from the Boise river. I want to go floating on it sometime soon. OOH! Today we saw the most hilarious thing! This guy in a business suit had a CAT on a LEASH!! I thought I was going to die of laughter. The cat seemed pretty nonchalant about the whole leash idea, although the owner said that at the beginning it was a bit of a struggle. I want to train a cat to walk on a leash! The cat's name is Rendy--just in case you wanted to know. And it was a fat cat. lol.

Anyway, things are going good so far for us except for a little bit of arguing with each other at the start of the trip. We've reconciled. It's ok now. I think it was a result of all the moving stress. We're so exhausted--maybe it's because of the time difference of 2 hours? I dunno. Oh well, Kyle starts work on Monday so I've gotta figure out what I'm going to do with myself for all of that time. We'll see if I go crazy or not. I'm going to try and meet people somehow through the weightwatchers meetings that I'm planning on attending because all of this stress has gone to my waistline and I don't like it. Enough about weight. Bring on the adventures of summer vacation!

No comments: