Thursday, June 14, 2007

House hunting again

We went house-hunting again today but it wasn't nearly as long as the first trip we took. We only went to 3 houses--2 were ones that we had already seen and wanted to see again. We looked at the 2 houses for imperfections that might make our decision a little easier. There were some things that we saw today that we didn't see the last time. Unfortunately we saw more things wrong with the house that I really liked originally. Oh well...that was made up for when we went to another house that we hadn't seen yet.

We walked into the new house and it had a better layout of rooms than the previous one. The downstairs was really spacious than the other one. The outside of the house was a little plainer than the other one and Kyle said it looked like a rollerskate (don't ask me what that means, cuz I have no idea). There was a place for a formal living/sitting area in the entrance of the house and it was separated from the kitchen by a wall. The kitchen was really open and nice and it had an open eating area. Then, there was a HUGE family room. It was HUMONGOUS! I liked that--plenty of room for our STUFF. The backyard was beautiful--they had already landscaped it so all we would have to do is add more plants or flowers as we see fit. The stairs were to the left of the front door and they went straight up to a guest bath with guestrooms to the left and the master bed to the right. The master bed was big with its own bathroom and closet. So all in all, I think this house made up for the imperfections we found in the previous house that I loved.

We were going to look at a townhouse today but we decided against it because we drove out last night to where that house was located and it looked HORRIBLE. The area almost looked like Norcross but less "ethnic" and not as dense. There were rundown houses everywhere and we just were like...NO. Kyle still wants to check out some stuff closer to Micron but I'm afraid we won't find many houses over 1100-1200 sqft. We had a little disagreement about living in townhomes. I don't want to because I don't want to share any walls with anyone anymore--I'm tired of apartment style living! Anyway, I think my reasoning is working on him. I mean, I don't even think townhomes are easy to resell. Does anyone have any experience with that? I would think that more people would want houses than townhomes. Oh well...we're still hunting and we'll see what happens.

No comments: