Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July activities




Kyle got home a little after 7 last night so we started our cookout dinner. It consisted of hamburgers, bratwursts, fruit, and baked beans...mmmmm. For dessert, I made a 4th of July brownie complete with American flag decoration! That took me awhile to do that afternoon, but Mom, you'd be proud--I decorated a cake!
After dinner and a couple of episodes of Will and Grace, I pulled out the brownie and we ate a piece. With the icing, the brownie was so sweet and rich that we couldn't even eat our pieces.
Then, I had an idea. I cut 2 more pieces and put them on a papertowel and decided to bring them over to our neighbors for friendly gift. We were kind of hesitant because we thought they might think we're weird, but we did it anyways and ended up being invited in to talk and get to know each other. Well, I had already met the girl and her name is Phritvi. Her husband's name is Arjun. They both work at Micron and they both have their Masters. They are really nice and they loved the brownies. Phritvi said she loved chocolate and she said that her husband has a really big sweet tooth. So, we spent probably 30-45 minutes talking to them and were very easy to talk to. By the end of the visit, I told them we should go out together sometime (dinner, etc.) and they said they would love to--they had even said that they had been wishing someone would drop by their place to visit. She said that we were the first neighbors to ever stop by to talk. I invited them to eat with us on Sunday for my birthday at Bardenay, my favorite restaurant. They said they liked that restaurant also. Her sister is coming to visit them this weekend from the UK, so they said they would ask her if she'd be interested in going. We might even go see a movie. Looks like we made our first friends!
Anyway, we'll let you know more later about our new friends, Arjun and Phritvi as soon as we know more about them.

No comments: