Saturday, July 21, 2007

The countdown!

T minus 3 days til we have our house!! I'm so excited to start decorating it to our tastes! I've been looking around at paint colors and combinations trying to think about how I want each room to look. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the choices. Whenever we go to Barnes and Noble, I always go straight to the magazine racks where the home decor stuff is and I leaf through to get ideas. I've seen really good ideas in those magazines and I think they've kinda helped me a little.

Kyle told me something funny today: he said that his supervisor called him a geek and he's never felt so proud to be called that before--haha! His supervisor meant it in a good way though. He said something along the lines of, "And Micron gets to hire geeks like you to work!" haha. That just made his day. Lately he's been so tired when he gets home and he doesn't want to go anywhere when he gets in the door. I guess I can't blame him. I was the same way when I was working at Rowland Elementary. I would just be so worn out from those little children calling me every which way I went and they would grab ahold of me and I just had to keep them going at all times for fear of them taking control of me. He's experiencing some of the same exhaustion, minus the hundreds of elementary schoolers. Nonetheless, he's really and thoroughly enjoying his job here in Boise and that's all we can ask for.

Well, not much more has happened right now, so I guess this is it at the moment. OH! Almost forgot...funny picture for your imagination...Yesterday I went rollerblading and had my second spill. I was heading on over to the greenbelt, which is where we usually go skating because it's a nice path that runs along the Boise river, and I turned to go up onto a sidewalk and headed straight towards a flowerbed. I managed to maneuver myself and turn away from the flowerbed, but in the process it spun me around so fast. I thought I had completely stopped myself and thought I had averted disaster but alas, I went straight down, face first onto the sidewalk (I tend to have bad luck with face falls--just ask Mom and Dad). However, I did avoid a nasty face injury because when I fell, I caught myself in the push-up position and gently lowered myself onto the ground but I got up real quick because I didn't want anyone to see me like that. SOOO, no injuries this time...hehe. I quickly skated away toward the greenbelt and continued on my journey. Alright, that's really it for now.

No comments: