Saturday, July 7, 2007

Nice night out

We had dinner with a coworker of Kyle's, Rob Ronald. He seems like a very nice guy. He's from Chicago and very easy to talk to. He's about our age and he's basically got Kyle's same job but he's on a different shift opposite Kyle. So, he works Sunday through Wednesday, while Kyle works Wednesday through Saturday. We went out to a place called Table Rock Pub. We'd been there before but Rob hadn't. It's pretty good food--they're mostly known for their beer though. I didn't partake but Kyle and Rob did. We ate and visited for a couple of hours and it was really good getting to know him. Kyle found out he had a lot of the same viewpoints as Rob. At first they thought they were complete opposites politically, but they ended up agreeing on a lot of different things. So, now Kyle has a buddy there at work. Now it's my turn to find a good girl friend. Who knows, maybe Prithvi will be one.

I got a manicure and a pedicure today. It feels so good to have groomed hands and feet. I don't think I had had a mani/pedi since last summer. My feet were a little worse for the wear. I had a blister on each pinky toe and they're now healing, so it looks kinda nasty and when the girl started my pedicure, I told her, "now, I'm gonna warn ya--my pinky toes are just getting over a blister--they're not diseased even though it may look that way." The color on my hands and feet is called "Rock-apulco Red". It's a really good summer color and I'm excited. I also bought a new top to go with the skirt my parents gave me for my birthday. So now, I have 2 tops that I can wear! The one I bought today fits a little better around the arms but it's a little more snug around the waist. The one that Mom and Dad gave me is nice and loose so if I don't wanna wear something so snug, this one would be better--plus it goes really good with jeans. They also gave me two pairs of beautiful swarovski crystal earrings. I love them! I'm already wearing one pair tonight and they looked really good with what I was wearing tonight (which was just a pair of jeans and a terracotta colored tshirt. The earrings reflected the clay color really well. Kyle said I looked all sparkly and pretty.

Two of my friends got married today. I kinda wished I could've been there to see both. I know they both would've probably been a good time. Plus, I would've seen some old friends. Oh well, it was just too much to have just gotten out here and then just to fly back. Mom and Dad wouldn't been around for me to visit them in PTC, so that's okay. It worked out for the best. I would've been alone in my parents' house for the weekend because Kyle probably wouldn't have come with me. Well, tomorrow's my birthday and Kyle's already off the hook pretty much for a gift--my gift was the rollerblades we bought last month. We're going out to dinner and ice cream at Coldstone, but I've already divulged that information. I guess birthdays aren't really that big of a deal once you get married because it's all the same money now. I was discussing this with the nail lady. She basically said it's just not the same when you're married (giftwise). You'd rather just go out to a nice meal and possibly have a really good dessert afterwards. I don't know much anyway that I would want besides a new wardrobe, and we can't really just throw my clothes away and start over (at least not now anyways ;). So, I'll just really enjoy the restaurant and REALLY enjoy the extra chocolatey ice cream!!

I'm having a big sweet tooth nowadays, and NO, it's not what you think it is...I'm just going through an ice cream phase right now. I saw people on the food network taste-testing ice cream and boy would that be the job for me! I LOVE ICE CREAM. I don't know why it is, but it just looks so good to me all the time. I better not buy myself an ice cream maker because I'll be making it every week. Anyway, enough sweet talk, it's making me want some--but not until tomorrow! Alrighty, I've run out of things to say so I'm cutting it off right here and now. Birthday pictures will come later.

No comments: