Thursday, July 26, 2007

Overwhelming!

Going into this painting business in the new house is starting to make me feel a little overwhelmed. It seems no matter how well I coated the wall, there were areas that looked like they hadn't been touched! Paint dripped all over the place and I kept getting paint on the window sills and on the baseboards and on the ceiling--ugh!! I finally went to walmart and got a good drop cloth to go on top of the plastic drop cloth that I had originally put down. It kinda helped with anchoring down the plastic so it wouldn't stick to me. I also got some stuff to take up paint that had dripped on the carpet (oops!) and hopefully it won't suffocate me when I try to use it. Guess I'll open the window before I use the potent stuff. After painting this one room, hopefully the other rooms will go a lot easier. I was sweating profusely and it seemed that I couldn't ever stop sweating even after wiping my face--it was literally like a waterfall. I feel so nasty...I should probably get a shower now because I know I am definitely NOT a sight for sore eyes. I just don't want Kyle to go in there before I can get things cleaned up so that he doesn't think that my battle with the paint can was lost--hehe. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow, I just know it. Please tell me that other people have the same troubles that I've had being a first time painter?!

Met a neighbor today while going to check the mail at the house. Her name is Laurie and she's an English teacher. That's cool that we have another teacher living right next door. Maybe we'll become good friends. Oh, I found a new love...this afternoon after I had given up the painting for the evening, I left the house and on my way home, there was a little hut selling jumbo shaved ice in any flavor you could possibly imagine....soooo...I bought one--watermelon to be exact. It was SOOOOOO good, especially since I was blazing hot and needed something to cool me down. I had been eyeing this place for awhile because it's on the corner of the intersection that leads us to our neighborhood--is that a good thing? Today was the perfect time for one. I figure that shaved ice with a little flavored syrup over the top is much better than stopping at the DQ every so often, right? I mean, it's ICE with flavor. Anyway, it was really good and so now I'm gonna have to take Kyle there so that he can have the same experience. Okay, so today I shared about my first painting episode and I'm extremely tired right now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better time. Later!

No comments: