Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SO EARLY!!!

I couldn't go to sleep last night because I kept anticipating being woke up by the subfinder and now here I am awake and it's NOT due to the stupid subfinder...I've been waking up at around 5:30ish every morning just in case it calls or somebody calls needing a sub and so I won't be rudely awakened. So far, no calls. I'll probably be going back to bed soon. I only realized earlier this morning that I might not get many calls this week because Friday is an in-service day so there's only 4 days this week to get through. I really hope that this picks up really soon or else I may have to enlist in the Meridian sub army. I'm already thinking that I might do it anyway and just work at the elementary school that's across the way from our house and at Centennial High because I really liked working there (especially the ESL classroom). Plus, I'd like to get reintroduced at Centennial just in case they have another ESL position open up at a later date (aka in the year 2010, or so).


I definitely have a sub job on Monday of next week so maybe that's the sign that things are gonna pick up and get busy. And I also probably have a job for the following Monday because of somebody at Garfield having Jury duty but she said that she would call me for sure the week(end) before.


I'm currently working on getting one of Kyle's coworkers, Lan, to do the ELL interview with me. I called her yesterday but nobody answered because her phone was off...I left a message with her voicemail and hopefully she'll call me back soon. I want to get this thing done so I can get stuff checked off my assignment list that are the easier things to do so I can really just focus on the paper. I have a little time though but the interview, as well as the full length rough draft of the paper, are due on October 10th. A little time, but no procrastinating here. It's just too much to put off and I learned my lesson really well from middle school--ahem, Georgia history project notebook--thanks again, Mom and Dad!! :) It definitely made a huge impression on me and from then on, I NEVER put big projects off if I can help it because it just gets me in trouble and I can't work under that much stress!


Alright...no calls, yet. Going back to bed.

No comments: