Saturday, September 6, 2008

First session done

I just got done with my first 2 meetings of one of my master's classes.  It was great!  I'm excited to do this work!  It's a lot but I don't think it'll be too bad.  I'm gonna try and knock out most of the stuff this week if I can and then do a lot next week.  The assignments I have to do (and their due dates) are:

September 26: Chapter 8 (from Imagining Multilingual Schools) summary presentation with a partner.
October 10th: 5 page Interview with a new language learner and first full rough draft of 12 page paper 
November 8th: Final draft of paper and Journal entry compilation (I think)

Anyway, I know you probably didn't want to see all of that but it at least gets it into my head.  The class is pretty relaxed.  The only thing was that a lot of the people in there seemed to talk a lot for not saying anything at all.  You know those kind of people?  They use all this elevated language to explain who knows what.  One guy in particular kept saying things and half way through his speech, we (or I, at least) would be totally lost in what he was trying to say.  Oh well, maybe that's what Master's classes are all about...

No comments: