Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Another four months

Kyle switches to night shift this week. He goes back to work tomorrow night so he's going to try and stay awake tonight to get prepared. I hate night shift because it always takes me a couple of nights or maybe even a full week to get used to him not being here at night and of course, I hear every noise and I check the doors several times to make sure they're locked. I also lock our bedroom door occasionally if I'm feeling extra uneasy. But before long, I get used to having the whole bed to myself and that can get pretty comfy! He has to push me over sometimes when he gets home to go to sleep. I also have to get used to having some kind of meal planned and ready before he leaves for work, which sometimes can get pretty early in the evening. When he sleeps all day, he usually wakes up around 4:30pm and sometimes he'll get a shower first but then sometimes he'll want to eat. Looks like I'll be pre-making a lot of meals (i.e. crockpotting and night before cooking--that makes for a long day for me if I have to make 2 meals at once!). I do it to support him though. :) What kind of wife would I be if I didn't feed my husband? ;) Or sometimes I just say, "fix a sandwich or a pita pizza!" hehehe. Ugh, tomorrow I must get up really early to go sub at the high school...I must go to sleep soon. Night!

No comments: