Monday, December 22, 2008

Ski day

We went skiing today--here's a synopsis of the day:
1.) It was really cold in the morning due to cold, cold wind!
2.) We slipped and slid all the way up the mountain to the resort in our car.
3.) The slopes weren't very well groomed yet because of a sudden downpour of snow within the past couple days leaving lots of bumps and lumps and snow chunks for us to fly over and hope that we don't break bones or our heads.
4.) I fell twice because of this really loose snow and both times, I landed with my head pointed down the incline and lying upside down on my back with my legs bent in ways they shouldn't be--the second time, I hit my head on the ground but luckily for the soft snow, it only hurt a little bit.
5.) Kyle fell down once on a slope called the Lazy Mary
6.) I learned I have awesome strength in my legs because Kyle and James said that only someone with really strong legs and power could keep a wedge shape that long on those steep inclines we encountered throughout the day. None of them would've been able to go that slow down the slopes unless they had my sort of power. Kyle said that he watched me come down one and he said I was so slow and deliberate with my wedge that it amazed him...even though I was slow. I didn't want to fall again though. It's scary to fall on skis, especially when it's not that easy to fall on them and when you're going down a really steep mountainside and can see mountains in the distance and the edge is near....There was one point that my skis kinda got stuck in a huge lump bump of snow and it kinda made me just stick there. I couldn't move out of it because I was little paralyzed by fear of seeing so far ahead in the distance and how high we were and where I had to get down to. *shiver* It's just something you can't think too much about.
7.) We're all a little sore...I tried stretching before we started and I think I might be in less pain than the other 2 but I still feel pretty worked out.
8.) We went out for pizza with James and his wife, Liz...pizza was very good, service was bad.


Oh well, it's time for me to go soak in warm water...either that, or I'll take a nice hot shower to relax the muscles. Night!

No comments: