Monday, December 15, 2008

Day 1 down, 4 more to go...

Today wasn't painful at all. It actually was quite enjoyable! The kids were very respectful and cooperative with me. Maybe it's because it was only the first day? We'll see...


One class was very grateful that I knew German. One girl said that the other subs just told them to say German words to each other. What the heck does that mean? HA! Anyway, then the other half of the class was like, "Oh CRAP! You know German?!? OH NO!!" Like they thought I was gonna do something to them or whatever. They had a project apparently that they were supposed to turn in this week and they kept asking me if it was due this week. I told them that they were allowed to just wait til after break (that's what the German teacher said). They seemed relieved and were very thankful for me. It made me feel good that they were so happy with me. I'll definitely want to sub in that class again! I almost had a trainwreck though in the last 2 periods of the day because I left one of the necessary teacher books at home. SHEEZ! So, I about didn't have enough to keep the class busy on German stuff and then there was a video that I found that the teacher had been showing them before and they complained a little but not too bad. I just turned it on just for the sake of having some German language flow into their heads whether they really listened or not. Eventually they'd hear it in their minds and maybe start dreaming in the language like I did (of course, I don't think that really happened to me until I was in college and was expected to write papers and constantly speak in German during class). I had good intentions anyway. So, all in all, everything went great!! Nothing to worry about.........yet. :)

No comments: