Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

I just made the best Christmas Eve dinner! We had a ham that Micron had given all their employees for the holidays--it wasn't as good as the spiral-sliced ham we usually have but good enough. Luckily I still had some of the brown sugar glaze left over from Thanksgiving. We also had some broccoli, sweet potato souffle (actually, it was the recipe for praline yams but I put some small marshmallows on top to make it our own) and I made a to die for cheesecake...pb chips and chocolate chips...mmmmmm. SO RICH! We could only eat a very small sliver because of the richness. I made Arjun and Prithvi one but added white chocolate chips and put theirs in an oreo cookie crust. It's insane!! I'm going over to their place tonight. Prithvi had at first cancelled our little get together but then she called me and said that tonight she wanted to observe Christmas Eve and not work...haha! Hilarious! :)


In case I don't write tomorrow, I wish ya'll a very Merry Christmas!! I love ya'll and miss ya'll so much! It's a bit hard to face tonight and part of tomorrow alone but it's great to know that I have friends here that want to spend time with me and family at home that love us and we love them. I got a little emotional after I hung up with Mom and Dad this afternoon but I'm okay now. I just have to know that we'll be home by next Tuesday (hopefully assuming that the weather behaves)! We're so excited!

No comments: