Friday, August 1, 2008

Yikes

I ran about 4 miles this morning (some of it was fast-paced walking, mostly running). Maybe I didn't drink enough water during the course of the exercising but after I got home, I didn't feel too well. A little queasy. But no big deal, I better after I ate something after my weigh-in. Now, don't get me wrong, I ate cereal before I went so it's not like I didn't eat anything at all before running. It was fun though. I didn't feel too uncomfortable--it wasn't too hard to keep going on the treadmill. I felt accomplished--too bad it was only half of what the training program wanted but fortunately, I was a day early in the training program. The schedule wants me to run 8.5 miles at an easy pace (which is about 12-12:30 min/mile and that's a pretty relaxed pace) with 2 minute breaks every 12 minutes but I figured I didn't need a break every single mile. It's already gonna take me over an hour to run the 8.5 miles with that pace, I didn't want to extend it anymore. But I guess I should follow the instructions so I don't hurt myself, right? The schedule says I should've done that tomorrow--I just wanted to practice. I'll do it tomorrow and try to go the whole way.

No comments: