Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It doesn't hurt to try, right?

I just had the craziest and random idea: what if I tried to apply to be a GATE (gifted and talented) teacher? It's a certified position. I know it's probably going to be too much for me but maybe, just maybe, they'd consider me and then what's the worst that could happen? They turn me down? Oh well. The one thing that kind of worried me was that the job qualifications said that the person should hold an Idaho Standard Certificate (check--got that) and/or be willing to work towards an appropriate K-12 Gifted and Talented Endorsement. Well, I'm willing I guess as long as they give me some time to work with my ESL stuff too. We'll see. It's worth a shot, right? I can always turn it down if it proves to be too much once I hear what all is involved. Plus, I'm not even sure they'll even call me for an interview anyway. They could already have somebody on deck but are just posting the position for technicalities. Anyway, we'll see how it goes...it sure would be nice to have an extra $15,000 in the bank....

No comments: