Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Western Idaho Fair

We went to the Fair last night and I decided that I didn't want to hang on to a camera because I was afraid it might fall out of my hands during a ride so...sorry to dissappoint. However, I can tell you about it and it might have the same effect. We got there and it was just swarming with people! It was the most crowded I've ever seen a fair to be! We paid our admission and then walked through the food area--the smells of greasy corndogs and onion blossomed were almost sickeningly sweet and at first, made us wish we had eaten dinner here, but it was good we didn't. It saves us a heart attack down the road...and possibly a leaning over a trashcan after the rides we were going to be riding. We then walked around to see what types of rides they had there and decided that all fair rides had something in common--spinning. After seeing which rides we would like to experience, we bought our ride coupons, as they called 'em. Kyle and I both decided that we'd probably only ride about 3-4 things so we bought about 24 tickets just in case.



The first thing we rode was called the Fireball. It looked all fun and games when we were down on the ground watching, but the minute it was our turn, it was....let me just say, a bunch of swinging and spinning and turning--OH MY! When we got off the Fireball, we had an intoxicating feeling of dizziness....we couldn't hardly stand still and we just stood in the middle of everything and laughed and wobbled to and fro'. The next ride was the ferris wheel. What fair excursion is complete without the ferris wheel? We needed a more calming ride after the first one. The next ride (and our last one) was the Himalaya. Most fairs have this one also. In the past, I had had so much fun on this one! We soon found out that we had also outgrown this one, meaning that we couldn't tolerate as much spinning and fast motion as we used to! Kyle sat on the outside even though he knew that it was going to be a rougher ride. He decided to be a man and stay there. As the ride started going faster and faster, I started being pulled to the outside and was slammed against him every turn we made and there was a bump every so often that would bounce me away from my side (after I had pulled myself off of Kyle) and back onto Kyle's side....he started telling me, "You're crushing my testicles!" HAHAHA...the force of the ride was so great that I couldn't hold myself to my own side! We got off the ride and that was it for us. We were so dizzy and ill feeling. Before we left though, there was one thing I had to get: it was the Elephant Ear!! I had to have one. I got one at the stand and we started eating it. When we were about 3/4 into it, I started regretting it...I gave the rest to Kyle and then we left. I had a nasty, sick feeling in my stomach the whole way home...luckily I'm back to normal today.

So, that was our fair adventure. I think I've had my fix to last me a good long while. :)

No comments: