Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Just trying to update...

Sorry I haven't been writing much lately. Things have been kind of slowing down around here. We're still trying to get the house settled, although all of our stuff is unpacked and put away, it's just that we are trying to get it decorated and furnished the way we want it. Money is a factor also in this furnishing--we have to kind of slow down right now since I'm not getting another paycheck until I start subbing for schools in September. My paycheck will definitely help out with any furniture/accessories we want to buy later on.

We got our new Idaho driver's licenses today. Their DMV here took only a fraction of the time that we used to spend at the DMVs there in the ATL area. It probably would've taken only about 30-40 minutes if they hadn't had trouble with my license. Since I still have my CDL, they had to look me up on some list they have to verify me as a CDL holder (I guess that's what it is) and when the lady looked me up, they didn't have me on the list. So, she had to call in somewhere and they had to call Georgia to check. The lady on the phone said she'd call back in a couple of minutes. I sat, and sat, and sat and finally the lady behind the desk called them and checked on the status...they said, "oh, we're really busy today and we forgot to call..." blah, blah, blah...whatever. So, everything was ok and they had to overwrite me or something and it cleared. I didn't really understand what happened but the point is, I'm officially an Idaho driver (God help me because the drivers here are terrible sometimes)! Both of our pictures are pretty horrid-looking but I guess you can expect that with any ID photo. My skin always ends up looking a bit blotchy because the flash on the camera bleaches me out and then shows all the redness that I might possess in my complexion. Kyle's picture looks funny. He looks a bit nerdy because of how he had his hair parted. He's also bleached out but no redness. Oh well. That's done and then this afternoon, we're going to go get our car titles switched over so that we can get the tags for the cars.

I forgot to write something or either I didn't get a chance to because our internet has been out lately due to weak signals (that's a whole 'nother story that I don't care to tell). The other day, I went out to get the mail and ended up getting a glimpse into the very personal and private life of our previous house owner. There was a magazine in there and I didn't think much of it and opened up the plastic packaging and lo' and behold...guess what it was? A Playboy! AHHHH!!! Disgusting!!! Of course, as anyone would be, I was curious and flipped through it to see what all the hype was about these things and it absolutely confirmed my disgust in this type of literature (or lack there of because we all know good and well that men/people don't read these things for the articles--that's a bunch of crock). I immediately threw it in the trash and tied up the bag and then took the bag out to our trash cans and gladly tossed it in--never to be seen again! I seriously hope that this was the last one to grace our mailbox!! Icky-poo! Well, that's all I have to say about that.

That's it for now. I'll let you know when more exciting news happens--supposing our internet is working at the time.

No comments: