Saturday, August 11, 2007

Painting, again...

This is the office that I painted--it used to be a shade of shocking lavender and now it's a shade of calming blue. The color will go nicely with my Neuschwanstein castle picture I've got.
This is the unfinished guest room that I'm working on. I'll put a picture up once it's COMPLETELY finished. The picture that you see there is from Kyle's step-grandma, Bobbie Hillburn Campbell. She's an artist and she does watercolor paintings--or at least. used to do them. She occasionally sells them for a good bit of money, but she decided to give us this one along with 2 others that you'll probably see at some point in this blog.
And, this doesn't really fit into the whole room category that I've got going, but it's our crazy kitten. He's getting healthier and with a healthy kitten, comes absolutely nutty behavior! He's been driving us bananas lately because he runs from room to room and jumps all over everything. Last night and this morning, I had to put him back in his sleeping room for punishment because he's started to scratch things and he won't calm down. I love him though.


Well, I'm painting another room now. It's the guest room. It's a tan color and I must say, it's looking pretty good so far. I'm going to have to do some touch ups do to some areas being a little lighter than others, but it's going a lot easier than the first room that I painted. It's amazing how just adding a long extension to the paint roller makes a job go a little faster! Well, I don't know if anything else has really happened that's worth typing here. We've just been gradually settling more and more into our house and making it our own. We're pretty satisfied with how things are going. Once the house payment is due though, we're going to have to curb our spending for awhile. We had no idea how much money one can spend when trying to furnish a new house! We start thinking, "oh, we're gonna need this and oh yeah, what about the yard? We're gonna need a lawn mower, hedge clippers and hoses!!" AHHHHH!! So much money is involved, but we're enjoying how our house is finally turning out.
We're getting a daybed in a few days and we also had to get mattresses. We got the mattresses through a furniture company here called RCWilley. They were $69/piece! Can't beat that, right? And so as with any bed, you have to have bedding, right? So, I went to Wallyworld and bought a bedspread (I think it'll fit) that will perfectly match the room! It's blue plaid with some of the same tan color as I painted the walls with. I was going to get the bed spread at B.B and Beyond, but they were like $79 and above! And that wasn't even the actual daybed bedding! The stuff that actually goes with a daybed cost $149 or more...no thanks, I'll go to Wallyworld. Anyways, I guess that's about it for now. Like I said, I'll post more pics up as soon as the rooms get finished.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

No comments: