Thursday, August 6, 2009

T-minus 3 classes left!

My class grades were posted today and the results are....Psycholinguistics: A...Applied Linguistics: B+. Now I only have 3 more classes to take this Fall and I'm done! Can't wait!


My arms are extremely sore. I think I overdid it at the gym yesterday. Too many chin dips and pull ups and bicep curls. Oopsy! It hurts to raise my left arm although now I just tried to and it's not as painful as it was this morning. I couldn't even do my running today (I tried) because it was jarring my arm/chest muscles too much so I did some brisk walking on a slight incline for about 20 minutes and then did the elliptical machine for 30. You know, throughout my exercising tonight, I kept thinking about the guy that went on the crazy rampage in the LA Fitness gym in PA. I kept thinking about what I would do if all of the sudden somebody came into our gym right then and went crazy with a gun. Luckily I was right next to an emergency exit so I think I could escape rather quickly but why would I even be thinking this? I hate it. It's such a morbid thought but I can't help it because things like that happen when you least expect it just like I'm sure those women in the salsa exercise class didn't expect it. I know this fear shouldn't consume my thoughts, and it doesn't, but I have to be more aware of my surroundings now. Thanks to the crazies out there. It's scary but I have to enjoy my life and not be paralyzed by fear or else I'll never leave my house.

Kyle is doing good. He's ready to be done with night shift, as you can imagine. I'm ready for him to be done with it too. Although sometimes it's nice to just be on my own sometimes at night. I do miss him at night though because my hearing is more alert when he's not here and I "hear" things that I might not normally when he's here. It is nice, however, to have the whole bed to myself. :) hahaha.


Oh! I need to post some pictures of a small road trip that we went on this past weekend. We went to Malad Gorge (about 1.5 hours east of Boise). It was pretty but it was also about 100 degrees outside so we didn't stay long.

No comments: