Friday, August 7, 2009

Disappointing news

I just found out yesterday that I had to drop my Capstone class (the last class in the program) because apparently, they were monitoring the progress of the students in the program and saw that I was taking more classes alongside this course. You're not supposed to do that but I had classmates this past spring that were doing that and they were able to complete it. The professor/advisor emailed me last night and told me to drop the course ASAP. I promptly emailed him back and said what about my graduation papers being already approved? He had to sign those papers and I had clearly written on there my intentions of taking that class as well as 2 others. He signed the papers!! AND I had paid my graduation fee! I was afraid I was going to lose the money. He reassured me in a reply that I wouldn't lose my money and that it'd just be held onto until I was "really" ready to graduate. In response to the thing about other people getting to complete the course with other classes also, he said that it was a mistake...So, due to their mistake, I can't graduate this December like I had planned. I have to wait until spring. I was really angry at first but now I'm just a little disappointed. However, I keep trying to look on the bright side and think about how it'll probably easier to put more focus on my capstone paper next spring without having other classwork to worry about. *Sigh* the best laid plans...


Oh yeah, we're having to buy a new lawnmower. Our lawn hasn't been mowed in 2+ weeks. Ridiculous. It's gonna be murder.

No comments: