Wednesday, August 19, 2009

CELEBRATIONS!!!!

I got the ELL job at Caldwell High School that I applied to months ago!!!!! I know most of you already know that but I just thought I'd make it "official" by writing it here on the blog. When I got the acceptance phone call, I saw Kyle's eyes well up with tears and when I saw that, it was all I could do to keep myself from bawling on the phone with the principal. After we were finished talking and discussing logistics for tomorrow's first day for new teachers, the principal asked me to take a deep breath and then he asked me if I remember everything he told me. I did remember because I wrote it down just to be sure. The principal also said that he enjoyed our "conversation" very much this morning--he said he didn't think of it as an interview at all. He thought of it as a friendly conversation with interesting discussion points. After I hung up the phone, Kyle and I hugged each other and cried. HAHA!! We were so happy to finally have gotten this job. I had tried so hard at all the other things that paid much lower and/or other jobs that people just didn't seem to appreciate what I had to offer and then turned me down. Well now I can show them that I AM worth something!! *Sigh* Now I'm so tired from all the excitement that it probably won't take much for me to go to sleep tonight especially since I have to get up EARLY tomorrow to start the day with other new teachers. I'm excited! I can't wait! :)

No comments: