Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ahhh...summertime

I've almost forgotten how much I love the laziness that summer brings. I love being at home now and relaxing. I've had 2 interviews for ELL tutor positions. One I didn't get, the other one I just interviewed today and the principal was extremely nice and seemed pleased that I was also trying to finish my ELL master's degree--she put some stars next to my name in regards to that. I told her to keep my name in mind in the future should they need another ELL teacher. They're in between teachers right now, meaning their teacher they had, is leaving for another job and so there's an opening at that school now and I'm interested in it...We'll see. I did interview for just the tutor position but maybe if I get this, it'll give them a chance to see what kind of person I am and want me in the future for a certified job.


I have my 5k run on Saturday morning. Unfortunately, Kyle won't be able to be there to cheer me on but my friend Karen will probably show up to cheer me on. I've been renewing my "love" for running and have been trying to get in my practice early this week. I need to probably not run after tomorrow so I can save up my leg muscles and endurance for the big day. I am wanting to do another half marathon later this year (the City of Trees one and also there's another one called Prison Break). They're both in the same month so we'll see if I can get my motivation up to running 2 half marathons in the same month!!! My body might just fall apart. :)


Well, I guess that's about it.

No comments: