Saturday, June 20, 2009

5k done!

I'm done with the 5k! It was actually shorter than the normal 3.1 or so miles because somebody put a marker in the wrong place. So the race ended up being about 2 miles or so. I was feeling like the race was a little shorter than normal. I finished in 20 minutes and some change. I guess if the race was its normal length, it probably would've been about 30 minutes, since when I workout and train, I usually run 10-11 min/mile. I got done about 9am and the awards ceremony wasn't going to happen until about 11:30 and I didn't want to stick around for that long so I left with my friend, Karen and we went to McDonald's. I almost feel like I should go running again today to finish up my 5k. My body feels a little short-changed. Hahaha! I guess now it's time to start training for a half marathon! I want to be able to run the whole thing by October!

No comments: