Friday, May 22, 2009

Drunkity-drunk, drunk, drunk! (I think)

Today was a different schedule--a nice one, seeing as though the kids were all dismissed in my 4th period by about 11:40am. In my 3rd period today though, I had some interesting events happen. First thing was that a girl had some kind of powder to put in a drink (a flavored sugar stuff) and she poured some of it into the hands of some other students. One boy decided it would be "funny" to snort it up his nose! I wrote him up. It's showing that he possibly has drug tendencies--I would say 96 percent of that class has drug tendencies! They almost always look stoned at some point in the week. Another boy came in a little late and I think he was drunk. He kinda stumbled in and was a little wobbly looking and very distant look in his eyes. He slowly made his way to his desk and sat down. I walked over to where he was sitting and asked him if he was okay. He said he was really tired. I don't believe it for one second. Later on in the period, he came over to my desk where I was sitting and he kinda did this leaning act and he didn't even look balanced at all! He said he was gonna ask me something and then he forgot what he was gonna ask. He just stood there for a minute kinda leaning off kilter. Then he walked slowly away. Even some of the other students noticed he was acting a bit "strange". I quickly emailed the assistant principal and actually it was unfortunate because of this different schedule because he didn't have a chance to call out this boy to his office. So now, he won't probably talk to the boy until next week--too late. But at least maybe he can get it out of the boy that he was under the influence of something. These kids are messed up beyond repair!!!!

No comments: