Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sadness

Bea Arthur died today at the age of 86...It's sad to see "Dorothy Zbornak" leave this earth but she probably lived a nice, long life.


I had the worst waste of time event today. It was a debriefing of our practicum experience. The "highlight" of the day (and that doesn't even mean good) was after we had sat there listening for over an hour to the folks who went to San Antonio for their experiences and watching a picture slide show (twice, mind you--the first time was a quick view and the second time, we had to listen to descriptions and inside jokes for each picture), a few local people got to tell about their different experiences and then all of the sudden, the professor says something along the lines of: "Alright, those of you other people try to make your explanations quick...I plan on leaving at 3:30." Are you kidding me? I had a sudden flood of anger go all the way up and down my body. I couldn't BELIEVE she just said that AFTER we had to listen to ALLLLLLLLLL of their stories!!!! If she had given me an evaluation for this experience/class, I would've totally ripped her a new one...no doubt. She should of thought about her "early" dismissal before the two times of viewing the picture slideshow and ALL of the little stories. What a crock of....poo. I'm never recommending the Boise State Bilingual/ESL program to ANYONE as long as I live. They've just made us mad way too many times...and no, I'm not the only one who's unhappy with this program. These profs need to get their acts together, for real!!!!

No comments: