Thursday, April 2, 2009

In the couple of weeks since I've been there...

*I've had kids throw paper and other small objects at a girl with Asperger's and is known for going ballistic...
*Teen boys are extremely rude and crude (language-wise)...
*Had to write up a boy for insubordination...
*Had to give a class a stern talking to because of the way they were treating me the first week...
*Have had many a headache in the afternoon...
*Found out that I have to actually MAKE/CREATE a final for the seniors since they'll be out of school a week before everyone else--that'll be fun...(luckily, it's only about 6 or 7 seniors that I have to worry about and the majority of them are in the same class)
*Starting to understand why teachers were so grossed out by teenagers who were hugging for long periods of time out in the hallway...
*I've been having this feeling that these teachers at this school aren't as nice as they claim to be (i.e. whenever I talk to them, it's like I'm "bothering" them and they always do that half-interested "mmhmm..." and look away--RUDE!)

Lastly,

*Had a student tell me that I was his favorite teacher...


It's been a busy couple of weeks at that high school and I'm being inducted really quickly, thus the reason I haven't been updating as much lately. Don't worry--I think I'm getting the hang of when to plan stuff so maybe I can enjoy my weekends a little more and update more often.

No comments: