Friday, July 31, 2009

Oh No!

We've been having a guy mow our lawn (front and back plus edging) for $15 each Wednesday. Well I've become extremely dependent on that and so this week was a train wreck for me when he didn't show up on the scheduled day!! I emailed him on Wednesday evening and got a response from him saying he was very sorry but his parents had been in town and Monday was their last day. He decided to play hookie and it put him back a day but he would be there the next day in the early afternoon. Well, Thursday came around and still a no-show (luckily we pay him by the day and not in advance) but still. Our lawnmower is on the fritz right now and we're relying heavily on his services to avoid having to pay a lot of money for repairs for now. So, I was thinking maybe he had too many clients and was so behind that it pushed him behind one more day. Well, here it is on a Friday night at about 11pm MDT and the lawn is still not mowed. Well, I waited til about 8pm tonight when it might be cooler and I tried to at least mow our backyard because that tends to grow the fastest. I got about a little less than half done and then all of the sudden the mower wouldn't start again after I emptied the grass bag for about the 3rd time. I could NOT get it cranked again at all. So, it looks like I will be waiting on this guy again. I guess I could borrow somebody else's mower but oh well.


Other than that, nothing much has been exciting here. I keep checking obsessively for my Praxis test scores online even though I know that it's nowhere near time for them to post the scores but back in my mind, I keep hoping they graded mine fast--silly, I know. I got a pedicure today with my friend, Karen. She took me for one for a belated birthday present. It was a very nice salon and spa near the mall area. It's called Viziato's. It was so fancy in that salon!!! I should've taken pictures but that might've come off as a bit tacky. :) Anyway, my toes are now poiple! It's definitely not a color I would normally choose and I've heard that if I ever wanted to go bold with a color on nails, put it on the toenails! My toes are about the same color as this print--except darker. :) I've gotten back into half marathon training and it's kicking my butt!

No comments: