Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tiger's going crazy right now...

I'm done with my classes for the summer.

Still have my paper to get done soon.

I have my ELL praxis exam on Saturday that determines if I get certified to teach the subject and hopefully I'll pass the first time around. Fingers crossed, please! :)

I'm tired and don't want to think anymore. I'm thinking about chopping off a lot of my paper that I've written so far because I'm just babbling simply because I got mad at the class and wanted to vent but I don't want to write too much to where the professor can't follow my point: my point that I'm trying to talk about is the way we use language to categorize people and how that's not technically fair because usually those categories aren't based on good things and just on preconceived judgments...but how can we get away from that? It's human nature to want to categorize by color, shape, size, gender, etc. It's confusing to me--we're supposed to treat everyone equal, yet not everyone is the same, but if we make notice of that, we're categorizing...and it just goes in circles from there! ARGH! BLAH!!! Anyway, that's what I want to talk about and I have a feeling my paper's gonna be chopped in half right now and I might have to start over and put more concise language and phrasing in there instead of rambling.


It's late. I'm getting up somewhat early tomorrow to go to weigh-in, I think and then I'm going to pick up a couple of friends at their training classes and we're going to lunch. Then I'm going to take the practice Praxis exam again and see how well I did on it. I only missed 17 out of 90 questions and if I do the simple division problem from that it means that I made an 81 on it but I know that's not how they score it, however, it made me feel good. :)


Oh yeah, I revisited my Body Attack class this evening. It about killed me. The instructor did say that this was a harder routine though and that it's real tough on endurance and range of motion and whatnot. Of course, that class has never been really easy either but I will say this--I didn't leave the room at all. In the past, I've always tried to conveniently miss one song routine to make the class "shorter" to me. This time, I stuck with it and stayed in there. Yeah, I'll probably be sore tomorrow but it'll be worth it. This Saturday will mark exactly 10 weeks before the City of Trees half marathon that I've signed up to do again this year. I've already begun training for it this week and so next week will be my 2nd week of training officially. I'll be looking forward to these next 10 pounds to drop off of me by the end of training (or sooner, hopefully). I think these last 10 pounds will be the last of my weightloss problems...I think I'll feel much better after that and I can just maintain my weight then and not feel so pressured. I don't want to get down way too low.

I guess that's about it.


Night, ya'll!

No comments: