Friday, February 29, 2008

Our first ski adventure

Last weekend was our first time skiing since we'd been out here and it was so much fun! We got to the slopes at about 9:30am and waited until our lesson started at 11am. This ski resort is called Bogus Basin and it's about an hour away from us. So this made an early morning for us. We had our lesson and the guy was really nice. He was supportive and encouraging to me, being a first-timer and all. I learned how to get on and off the lift and I learned how to slow down and stop. After our lesson, we tried some stuff on our own and then had lunch. After lunch, we wanted to see what other easy trails were out there other than the "Coach's Corner." We found a trail that seemed easy enough on the first part. We got to the second part and I nearly wet my pants! It looked sooooo steep and it didn't look like it had an end in sight. I told Kyle that I couldn't do it but there was no other way down but down. Let's just say, I made it down finally but not without about 5 spills. It was so frustrating that these little 4 and 5 year olds were flying down the hills very smoothly without falter and here, a 25 year old is lying on the side of the trail, paralyzed with fear and not being able to stand up. "HELP!! I've fallen! And I CAN'T GET UP!" Anyway, the most of the day was spent going down the small hill and then we finally left the resort at about 4pm.

Work is going fine with both of us. We're still trying to find time for each other because of our opposite work schedules. Have we mentioned that we don't really like the night shift?

2 comments:

Chris said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Sounds like you got initiated. The first time going out is always the worst. THe next day you are super sore and cant walk. Next time you go there will be less crying and falling wont hurt so bad. I would love to come out there and go with you guys sometime. Thats if they allow sonwboarding on that mountain.

Jen said...

They definitely allow snowboarding! They're all over the place and they're always on their butt. hahaha.