Saturday, February 16, 2008

What a great weekend!

So far, I'm having an awesome weekend! Friday started off with parapro inservice at Boise State and that lasted from 8-1pm..a little boring, but oh well--it's done. Maren and I went downtown right after we were dismissed for the afternoon. We walked around for about 2 hours and shopped/browsed in stores. I saw some stores that I hadn't seen before. It's nice going walking in stores with a girlfriend because she doesn't mind stopping and looking at everything. We bought some sale items again at Ann Taylor Loft because the sale was REALLY GOOD! I got a pair of corduroys (spelling?) for $10 and also a nice blouse for the same amount! I think I could get in the habit of shopping there as long as they have their good sales! Otherwise, they're really expensive. At about 4:15, we met Kyle at Front Door Pizza. He also had a friend coming that also works at Micron. So we all enjoyed ourselves at dinner and had a great time visiting.

We've been having issues with finding a couple of friends that we can both hang out with on a consistant basis. The backyard neighbors haven't gotten in contact with us since we had them over at our house about a month ago. Did we offend? Kyle tells me that we need to call them again and try to go out with them and I don't think so. It's their move now. We've made all the moves to invite them over and stuff and I even made them cookies for Christmas (with nothing in return)! Not that the nothing in return is important because I made the cookies just because I wanted to do some holiday baking but the least they could do is ask us to go to a restaurant one night. I know they have small children and maybe it's hard to get a babysitter, but I've seen them have a babysitter before because the guy came over with the little boy one day when he had accidentally thrown his ball over our fence. Kyle's been wanting to get together with the husband, Cris because Cris had expressed interest in possibly playing some playstation with him one night. So, Kyle called and gave his cell number and still no response. *Sigh* They're really nice people and we'd like to have them as friends. We just don't know what to do with people who don't respond to friendliness with reciprocation. Other people at Micron that Kyle has worked with are all on opposite schedules than him and so it's hard for him to have coworkers over or meet them at a restaurant. My schedule's a little more conducive to having get togethers with friends because I work normal hours. Maren and I seem to have struck up a good friendship and Kyle feels a little jealous that he can't have the same. I feel bad. It's hard for us to find a church and to keep going consistantly because of his every other Saturday schedule and I don't want to go to church by myself either. Maren invited me to a book club meeting at her church where they'll be talking about Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I'm kinda interested in going even though I haven't read the book yet--maybe I should soon. I'm willing to go, I guess, even though I'm not an avid reader. She is such a nice girl!

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! Did ya'll do anything special? Kyle and I both received our year's supply of peanut and plain m&m's from Mom and Dad--thanks! I'm gonna have to ration mine out so they last longer and so I don't make myself sick on them..hahaha. I LOVE peanut m&m's!!!!! They are the one candy I could not live without. They'd probably be the one candy I'd take with me if I were stranded on a deserted island. Anyway, I guess I better get to bed now. Kinda tired.

No comments: