Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Two spills in a matter of minutes

Kyle and I went mountain biking today in the foothills and it was so fun! It was so cold too--so cold, that if you looked in the distance at the mountains, you can see a light blanket of snow on some of the taller mountains. We finally bought me a bike at walmart this past weekend and so today was the day we took advantage of it. Going up the mountains were hard of course because they were pretty steep but when it came time to descend, that's when the fun started! We were going along at a good, fast clip and to one side was even land but the other side was steep mountainside with some ditches (a hint of foreshadowing). I was in front of Kyle riding and we were going down this really deep dip in the path and with that deep dip, came a steep side to ride up. The path after the dip rose up so steep and it kind of slanted to the side a little so that if someone (that someone being me) wasn't careful enough to keep their balance, they would spill right over into a ditch. Guess what? I lost my balance and my bike threw me over the side onto my back into the ditch. My legs went up just about over my head and I couldn't get up out of the ditch without the help of Kyle. It kinda hurt, but no major injuries--just some bruising! I soon recovered and then we were getting closer to the end of the trail and there was another place kinda like that but not exactly the same--just a VERY narrow path with some sloping to it. I thought I could handle it...guess what? No I couldn't. I fell again the same way (on my back with legs up in the air). This time, it wasn't as painless...I thought I jammed my wrist but luckily I didn't. It just hurt a little more. I wonder if I'll be able to walk tomorrow? Well, anyway, today was fun and I got a little muddy with my two spills but maybe next time I'll be able to handle the curves a little better and not fall into any more ditches. I'm lucky I didn't fall onto a SNAKE!

So that was my day to cut it short. I won't get into the kind of crap I had to go through while dealing with doctors' offices!! Ugh! That's a whole 'nother story! The story ended up okay, but it sho' did tick me off A LOT today!! Kyle can tell you that! I don't like being sent in circles to get information--such a pet peeve of mine!!

No comments: