Sunday, October 28, 2007

English Language Learner classes

I taught English Language Learners classes on Friday and by far, it was the best day I've had in a sub job! These kids were soooo sweet and appreciative! I loved these kids and they seemed to love me too--judging by the picture that was drawn on the whiteboard for me by one of the students. It was a huge heart with a message in the middle saying, "We love Mrs. Campbell. Thanks for teaching us and thanks for being wonderful! by Rosalyn." And on the side of the heart it said, "You are so pretty." It made me feel so good that they appreciated having me there. After going to the advisement appointment about the ELL endorsement, I had decided to push off admission til Fall of next year so that we could get in-state tuition, but after this class, it almost makes me want to start classes ASAP so I can get my own classroom of sweeties. One of the classes that I had to teach were critical learners, meaning they were VERY limited in the amount of English they knew. I did some worksheets with them. They were so cute and so excited to fill in the answers and when they would get it right, I would praise them and they would get this huge smile on their face. One girl, Fabiola, would hold her hand up so that I could give her a high five...hahaha... My 5th period was full of students from the Ukraine and so all I heard until the class started was them speaking so much Ukrainian....there were only 2 students in there that didn't speak that language and me. So, we just kinda sat there before class started and stared at each other. Near the end of class, we all ended up playing a vocabulary game and we were all having so much fun together! *sigh* I want to go back to that class.... :)

No comments: