Saturday, May 19, 2007

Some more sightseeing and foothill adventure

After going house-hunting, we decided to go once more up to the foothills and take advantage of our rental car's abilities to climb mountains (we had an all wheel drive subaru). We probably won't do it again in our personal cars once they're moved up to Idaho.
We went farther up the mountain and we got some different views the higher we went...




There were some cool rock places that I had to get a picture of and so Kyle was my model...
This was looking back at the road we had already taken...we were a far piece from civilization. However, it was a very busy day for the 4 wheelers/dirt bikes/mountain bikes. The weather was perfect.

These yellow flowers kept appearing the higher we got also...

I would've posted more pictures but after awhile, it all starts to look the same so I didn't want to just keep identical pictures...you can thank me later.
So, we went to dinner tonight at Johnny Carino's and I know what you're thinking...why go there when you can go somewhere native to Idaho? Well, we didn't really want to go back to town because we're tired of being in the car and we just wanted a hop, skip and a jump to an eating establishment and Carino's was the best place for that. We ate too much and we both feel like pigs now. We've been eating way too much on this trip...this is our very last eating binge--promise. We leave tomorrow morning to come back to ATL and then I have one more week of school with the children--woohoo!! On Friday, Kyle is taking me to school and picking me up in the afternoon so that we can go straight back to the airport to go to Indiana for Memorial day weekend. I swear...I'm going to be so tired of airplane rides after all this is done...I guess I better get used to since that's the only way we're going to see family--unless we decided to drive our car...NAAAHHH.

No comments: