Friday, May 25, 2007

Last day of school!

Today is the day! School's out for the summer!! I forgot my camera which is disappointing because I wanted to take a picture of all my students... :( One of the second grade teachers said that she would let me borrow her camera and then she would email me the pictures. At least I'll have that grade level.

I'm going to try to get out of the school today around 2:20. Kyle is going to just come pick me up and then we're going straight to the airport. It'll probably be good that we're going so early because this will be a big travel day for a lot of people. We want to make sure we have plenty of time before our flight. We'll be flying into Indy around 8:00pm and then we'll grab our rental car and drive the 2.5-3 hour trip up to Milford. It should put as at about 11:00-30 getting there. My grandparents said they would stay up for us--they would take little naps throughout the day so that they are able to stay up late--haha. I can't wait.

I love going up there...always have. My brother and I used to go up there every summer for 6 weeks and play with our cousins. We would go swimming, boating, have sleep-overs and we were known in the town for having a little parade around the block after my parents would leave us there. We would dress up in silly clothes and drag the wagons around the block and ride bikes too. Then on occasion, we would have cookie and lemonade sales. We got our picture in the local newspaper for having the sale. We wanted to keep the money, but Grandma said that wouldn't be right and so we gave our money to a little charity organization. Car washes were also our thing. One guy brought his motorcycle over for us to wash. Ahh...those were the fun and carefree days of being a kid. Whatever happened to those times? Why do we have to grow up and get lives? Oh yea, so we can have money to survive and have families and move away to the great potato state...that's why. Dang it. Oh well, it should be a good summer this year. Kyle and I are going to have a whole new situation on our hands.

Btw, we think we might have settled on a house. I think I've convinced him on this one we saw while we were up there. It's a 2-story, very cute on the outside (neat and clean), and it's reasonably sized for the money. Plus, the price was lowered which is also good. Kyle's reasoning as to why he likes the house is it's on the irrigation system, which is cheaper so we don't have to use the city water and pay a lot to water our yard. Hopefully nobody puts an offer down on the house before we get out there again.

No comments: