Monday, September 7, 2009

I will update later, promise

I haven't updated lately but I will later. I promise. We've just made it through the first full week of school and warmly welcomed the Labor Day weekend. Now that it's gone, we have a four day week to get through and try to make it productive. I have a test I have to give the kids later in the week. I also have open house tomorrow night as well as a faculty meeting in the afternoon so it looks like I won't be getting home tomorrow til about 9pm or so. Then it's straight to bed for me! I'll be exhausted. I've been telling Kyle though that it's a different kind of exhaustion than when I was working with Rowland. It's a satisfied exhaustion. I feel as if I'm truly doing what I want to do. I know it's still early in the year but I think I was having negative feelings at the beginning of the school year for Rowland and so far, I haven't had any of those here. Good sign? I think so. I did have an incident this Friday that really pissed me off concerning a couple of girls getting out of class and taking advantage of an aide but I really don't want to get into it right now. Too long of a story but I think I've figured out what I'm gonna do about it tomorrow and it starts with a stern talking to. They basically broke my trust in them and it'll take awhile to get it back. Anyway, I need to get a lot of sleep tonight since tomorrow's gonna be a long one. I'll update later, promise.



By the way, I'm reading a new book (as if I have time to read but I think it's part of me telling myself to let loose for a bit) and it's called "The Doctor's Wife" by Elizabeth Brundage. It's good. I recommend it if you like psychological thrillers.

No comments: