Monday, July 28, 2008

Tragedy

I just found out who got the title I position...it is who I thought it was--Kori. She was there for a long term sub position as our head of title I department (and I really kinda didn't like her then) AND she was there for an intensive math program for kids who were at risk in their math skills. Well, she got the position...and I still didn't really kinda like her then also. She reminded me of that type of person I was always afraid of in high school--too uppity and just pretended to be nice. One day she was really nice and the next day she's mean and doesn't care what you're saying to her--like she could care less about what's going on in your life. Oh well...my friend, Karen, told me the news just now and she told me that another first grade teacher called her to tell the news and also said she was not happy with who it was. That's my satisfaction. I know that the teachers that I worked with this past spring will be unhappy with the "new" person. Well, at least I will still somewhat be attached to them by subbing for them. You know, I wouldn't be as annoyed if they had just hired someone else for the job--for instance, Karen told me that there were a whole bunch of title I tutors from another school that got displaced because of a school shutting down and he didn't even hire them--even though they had like 10 years experience or more. Why didn't he hire one of them? Is he trying to please someone? This Kori girl has a full teaching license and still wanted this job. She could teach anywhere she wanted! I have an Idaho license also but it's specialized for German, which there aren't any positions currently available. Why would she take this job? Oh well, guess I'll never know her reasons. I just know that her mother works there at Garfield so maybe that's the reason. Just sayin'. Errrr....

No comments: