Thursday, June 19, 2008

Just as I suspected...

Mr. Oram at Garfield called today to tell me that he had selected another candidate for the special ed classroom--that's okay with me. He chose a gal with 14 years of experience, whose program had been cut. She can have fun with that one. That's good for her because she already knows what kind of stuff she's getting into with autism and asperger's syndrome. I only knew a little bit.

As for the other principal at Timberline (academic interventionist location)...argh. I hate waiting for people who have no intention of calling obviously. JUST TELL ME I'M NOT HIRED ALREADY!!! I think it's totally rude and inconsiderate to keep a person waiting like this. Not that this is determining my livelihood, but it's a job that I had set my sights on (because of pay and because of valuable experience when it comes to my Master's degree)! I'm not calling though because I already did (and I know I am repeating myself but that's how frustrated I am). I'm guessing I'm probably either gonna get that title I tutor position (again) or I'll be subbing next year. Whatever.

Lighter news: Mom and Dad are coming on Saturday!! Yay! It's their first time out here and I've been planning some things to do throughout the week. I think we'll be in the car a lot but I gotta show them around the area definitely! Excited!

Tomorrow for lunch, I've been invited to eat with some Garfield ES school teachers at Smoky Mountain Pizza. It should be fun to see some people again.

My friend, Maren, just got engaged on Saturday. They're wanting to get married before the end of Summer...talk about a rushed wedding! Oh well, if it's what she wants, then I'm happy for her. The unfortunate thing is that I won't get to see her get married because A) she's LDS and they don't allow non-LDS people into the temples, and B) they'll be getting married at a temple in Sacramento. That's the double-whammy. I wish her the best nonetheless. :)

No comments: