Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Certified...in Idaho...finally

I got my Idaho teaching credential in the mail today. It's weird. It just looks like an unofficial piece of paper all for very low price of $75. The only thing is that it's only for German and I'm not currently looking for a German position. However, at least I have the certificate so that when I receive my Master's it won't just be floating--they can just go ahead and tack it onto my Idaho license.

Still waiting for a response for the Academic Interventionist position. I called the other day because it was just killing me that no response had come my way. The principal said that he was still waiting on references. Now that I've already called, I feel like I probably shouldn't call back because that would be overkill. I think he knows that I am definitely interested in it but he's being difficult. I just want to know either way--yes or no, make your choice already so that I can move on!! I had an interview yesterday for an ELL tutor at a junior high. Don't know how I did on that one but I do like the principal and she seemed to like my foreign language experience. I had an interview today for the special ed. assistant at Garfield but I do NOT want this job!!! It's a position with the new Autism program that they're implementing there. I got a full description of what I was expected to do and I was freaking out on the inside. I have NO experience with special ed hardly at all and I really don't want any (or minimal, if possible). I told the lady interviewing me that I didn't have any special ed experience and she probably wondered why I was even interviewing--believe me, as I started to get closer to this interview, I wanted to find out how to delete this position from my application...I was kind of in a desperate state when I clicked "apply now". I was looking for any type of job but I don't know what I was thinking when I clicked on that one. She said that I had to be able to deal with loud noises and chaos and most of us know (if you really know me) that I don't do loud noises very well, nor do I do chaos--that's the reason I don't do really well at loud concerts and loud bars. I would also be expected to potty train some of these kids. Geez. It really makes me think about the people who actually decide to go into this profession--it really takes a special, special, special person. If for some strange reason they want to hire me, I probably won't take it.

No comments: