Friday, May 16, 2008

An Unfortunate Turn...

Whoa! Long time, no see! Here's an update...

Yesterday, I got pulled into the principal's office and the principal started talking to me about next year. Unfortunately, the funds for Title I are looking pretty bad and they're probably going to have to let Maren and me go. He said that I should just persue anything that I've got going whole-heartedly and don't worry about anything. That being said, I haven't told you guys the rumor that I heard from a sub here at Garfield: She said that her friend is a Spanish teacher in the elementary school system in Meridian and she said that she's worried because she doesn't think she'll have a job next year because they're thinking about replacing Spanish with German. HA! I've never heard that one before--last year at Rowland, all I kept hearing from parents who would complain about German was, "Why are the kids learning German? Why don't they learn Spanish??" But again, this is just word of mouth and I haven't even gotten a confirmation from this sub as to where her friend works and whatnot. No details yet. So, it may not even happen. In that case, I'll probably return to subbing (ick!) and that will actually help me with my master's degree classes because it'll be a little more flexible when I need it to be. Needless to say, I'll give out all my information to the teacher's there at Garfield because I liked working there--I maybe didn't always have great days there, but at least the kids will be familiar with me.

No comments: