Thursday, May 29, 2008

I can't hardly wait!!!

SOOO...the new Sex and the City Movie is coming out tomorrow and I can't hardly stand to wait for it!!!! AHHHH!!! I just tried to call into the local radio station Mix106 in order to win a 4-pack of tix for the premiere tomorrow night and I actually got through but the first time I got through, I was only the 3rd caller and the second time I got through, they already had a winner--arrrrghhh!!! The next time they will try to play for tix is after 7pm. I'm gonna try again, I think. The contest was to see if you could spell some random words from the series such as designer names and other miscellaneous items. I could spell everything I heard this morning when they were first playing it! It was so frustrating because the people I heard playing sounded so moronic trying to spell those words such as Manolo Blahnik, Dooney and Bourke and lingerie! Well, the Dooney one would've been a bit harder because there are so many ways to spell Bourke/Burk/Burke/Birke whatever....I probably wouldn't have gotten that one but the others--COME ON!!! (oh yeah and the only reason I knew Manolo was because I saw it spelled out in a magazine ad or something). Anyway--I have GOT to go see the movie if that hasn't been obvious enough. If I don't get the tix, I'm going with a friend on Saturday morning to see it since we've planned it already but I'm sure if I got the free tix, she'd be willing to come along to that instead. :) I'm SO excited....okay, I'm sure you're like, "SHUT UP ALREADY!" So, I will....YAY!

Still in the process of applying for jobs. I've already gotten some feedback from one at BSU--it's a position for an infant/toddler teacher. I've got experience (several summers worth)! Hopefully she doesn't ask to call really because I couldn't tell you if they would remember me...She'd have to refer to me as my maiden name though because they wouldn't know who the heck Jennifer Campbell was. If she does call, I hope the same people are working there or they have some sort of record of who all has worked there in the past. I also applied for several positions in the Boise school system (only ones who's pay is considerably more than what I had at Garfield). That would make it even worth it to drive from Meridian to Boise. We'll see what happens though. Maybe I'll start getting some calls. I've gotten a couple of hugs and "awwwwws" from teachers at Garfield today because they know that my last day is tomorrow. They said they're sad to see me go. One first grade teacher even said that she hoped to be teaching together some day. :( Sadness...

The application is so tedious and scary too! I just have to let go and apply for just about anything and everything. Sometimes I when I click apply on the screen of the computer and my info is sent out, I have a little panic attack and wonder, "Is this really what I want to do? Am I really interested in it and would that come across in my interviews?" *sigh* This is what I mean about the darn process.

Oh and I just got word that the German program at both sister schools in Dekalb County, GA got cut. This includes the one that I worked at last school year (Rowland). The good thing is that since those German teachers had already signed their next year's contracts, the district had to find them places in the schools to work. The bad thing is, they mostly have to be spread around in the special ed areas. Well, I guess that could be good for some maybe if they like that sort of thing--it takes really special people to do that. I don't know how I would respond to that if I were still there. So, let's just keep those teachers in our thoughts and hope everything goes well for them!

No comments: